Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Song of the day

Best Thing I Never Have

     The song, "Best  Thing I Never Had" came out on June 1, 2011. It is from her forth studio album "4" produced by Columbia Records. It is a mix of R&B and pop and actually had a remix done by Lil Jon and DJ Kontrol. It did pretty well overall. It got good reviews, listed high on the national music charts, and preformed for many live shows and concerts. The song is about Beyonce' and her ex-lover. It talks about how she was in love but then ended it because she was not receiving the attention she deserved. The music video shows how she is much happier now with a new man.
     I enjoy listening to this song because of the melody and the sadness/strength in Beyonce''s voice. She stars out real soft  and then slowly just gets into it. This is a great strategy if you want your singing to have that oomph to it. It prevents you from being obnoxious. Also, I believe that that splash of gospel that's in the song just really adds to the song by both listening to it and interpreting it.
      To listen to a cover of this song click on this link, (P.S. I could not link an audio of the song because of foul language) http://www.youtube.com/embed/ktvAuQUJhb4?rel=0.
     I could not link the music video due to inappropriate scenes.
     I could not link the remix, again because of foul language.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this song! I thought it was cool how their voices sounded really well together since they both have completely different voices! I was wondering if you could blog about Christina Grimmie! She's an amazing pianist and singer, and I think you'd really like her music!

    ReplyDelete