Thursday, October 4, 2012

Song of the Day

I Told you So

     Karmin is the name of a duo that's members are a couple, named Amy Heidemann and Nick Noonan. They started out just posting covers of themselves singing covers on Youtube and are know producing their own songs. One of those songs are "I Told you So", which will be available in the album, "Hello", which is also, another song that they wrote and have produced. "I Told you So" came out on May 9,2012 and is classified as Hip Hop. Nick described it as "Darker more hybrid rap song," and "A blazing rap and pop hook". The song starts with rapping, goes into hip hop, and then just goes back and forth between the two. Karmin even preformed this song live on "Saturday Night Live" on February 11,2012
     This song is very fun and amusing to listen to because of the beat in the background and definitely because of the rapping. In the beginning of the song, it starts out with sirens and other sounds. When you think of Karmin you think of Amy's rapping because when she raps she just gets into it and you can just see that in Karmin's covers and music videos. It just sounds so real.Even if you're just listening to the radio and this song comes on you'll be able to tell. Lastly, the music video to this song has a little mystery going on it. Pay attention to Amy's flashbacks and the little details and what Nick (doctor/scientist) does while he's in his character. But most importantly listen to the song above everything. Here's the video just click on the http://www.youtube.com/embed/yEalWO4IjC4?rel=0.

5 comments:

  1. I loved the video! Was it about this guy who wants to create a zombie apocalypse by giving people shots? I also love how she raps so fast! I barely knew what she was saying but I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for watching the video Teresa. You're not quite right but I can see where you got that from. I don't want to give it away but a clue is that the doctor/scientist asks Amy to look in the missing people book. Also, I love the video too because of how it sort of has that scary feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the scary feel too! It's great especially since Halloween is coming! Maybe you should do another scaryish song to get in the spirit!

      Delete
    2. That's a great idea, unfortunatly though, I already have a list of songs and I don't really know many Halloween songs but tthanks anyways.

      Delete
  3. Hi priya its summer i really liked how you did a blog on Karmin. I liked the length of this blog .Other really neat songs by Amy and Nick are their new song hello, too many fish and my favorite song ever Crash Your Party!Id be really exited if you would do a blog on crash your party !

    ReplyDelete